Java Backend Engineer
About Us and the Role
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and motivated Java Backend Engineer.
We recently wrapped up our Series C, where we secured $100M in funding for our Cybersecurity Software Solutions. Our solutions are built for the mid-market and thus experiencing dramatic growth! Coro started in Tel-Aviv, Israel and is also headquartered in Chicago, IL. As a global organization, Coro gives you the ability to work with people and teammates from across the world.
Our product development teams are growing. We have a huge number of ideas on how to improve the experience customers have. As a Senior Engineer, you will need to play a key role in turning those ideas into reality. We don’t divide responsibility for the development and operation of our platform, so you and your team will support the changes you make all the way through to operating successfully in production at peak times.
Every member of the Technology Team is responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our platform
- Delivering our product roadmap
- Planning for the future
Come be a part of expanding the Coro Team!
- Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technology Manager
- Keep to the processes, standards, and designs that your team has agreed upon
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including workshops with other product development teams.
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other product development teams
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to prove that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
Skills and Experience
- 3 years of server-side development experience using Java
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
- Experience working with Java Spring
- Experience with overcoming scalability and performance challenges
- Experience working with Redis and RabbitMQ (Advantage)
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Contribution to open-source projects (Advantage)
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- All-around player, self-learning individual
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
Job Benefits and How We Work
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
What to Expect in the Interview Process:
- Phone Screen – 15 minutes with our Recruiting Team
- Virtual Interview – 45 minutes with Hiring Manager & HRBP
- Virtual Interview – 45 minutes with Head of Department
- Integrity assessment